Additional Fees

I reserved a car for Ft.Lauderdale through Priceline/Rentalcars and was given a price $74.87 including taxes.

When I go to the Ace location, first clue was it was in a seedy part of town and very dirty. They were rude and pushing to get you out fast and confuse you as to what they are charging you. When I left the location and driving to Miami, I noticed the brakes were very weak, I called Ace and they would not talk to me, said they would call me in 30 minutes and did not call back, then I kept calling and leaving messages and no return call. The car was so dirty and smelled like a dead body had been in the car for a week and was not the car I was told I would get on the reservation.

When I got to the hotel, I found they had charged me $122.63 and all sorts of charges including a gas fill program that would charge me $20.20. When I returned the car and I had filled up the car at the end of the rental, they still have not returned that charge. They also charged a $220.00 deposit which they have not returned to me and it has been 10 days and will not return phone calls at all. I called the bank and they said they had 15 days to return the money.

Then if it was not returned then I could file a dispute and possibily get it returned then. Adding insult to injury, I returned the car at 2:30am and the man that was to take me to the airport did not help me with my luggage and dropped me off at the pickup and told me to call another bus for the ride to the terminal, which was a long wait in the dark and I had to struggle with a large box of books and suitcase to get to the right pickup area, which was a long walk backwards where he could have left me to begin with or take me directly to the terminal I was flying out of after I gave him a $5 tip. I was fearful of him, as he told me he didn't follow rules. Being 70 years old and having this experience was just concerning all around and no one will accept the responsiblity of correcting the horrible situation and return my money to me nor handle te situation professionally.

I could just on and on with this nightmare and it was a great dissapointment that Fla. will allow this company to do business in their state with the shady practices I have had and reading all of the other ones on this site is just scary and totally wrong. Amazing Priceline would not break away from this company and do the right thing and settle these issues. Because, if someone gets hurt, it may be real interesting how they may be liable.

All they have to do is read some of these complaints and it would really give them a true account of someone they are dealing with. CROOKS!!! DO not rent from these people, you will have a bad experience no matter what.

It is in their DNA to rob people and abuse them, they can and they do!M.S.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of no respect for customer and bad service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of versa car and associated monetary loss in the amount of $343. Ace Rent A Car needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned versa car in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ace Rent A Car.

Had an Experience with Ace Rent A Car?

Comments