ACE Rent a Car - Owner of company verbally harassed me and took my rental car in middle of reservation
I arrived at the Atlanta airport at 3:30 pm and had scheduled a 4 pm car pick up.The car I was provided, late, was extremely old and scratched.
When I began driving the car, I realized its steering was faulty to a point that it was unsafe; the car was swerving profusely. When I got to my hotel, I called the Ace rental company and said I needed a new car--this one was legitimately unsafe. They said they did not want to drive out to me in traffic (in spite of the fact that I had plans that night), so they waited until 8 pm, 4 hours later, to bring me a new one, completely ruining my night. The new car had a seat that was far too low and I was unable to see over the steering wheel, in spite of the fact that I'm 5'3".
I called the company back and was told the seat could not be raised and I requested a new one, for safety purposes. My husband called the owner of the company and asked for his last name so he could call the corporate office, to which the owner replied, "It is none of your *** business, I can do whatever I want." The owner of the company and another employee came to my daughter's home with a replacement car--the same one with faulty steering--and verbally abused me in front of my daughter, screaming that they were going to charge me an extra $150 for bringing me a new car. The owner of this joke of a company was so angry that he and his employee took both the replacement car AND the old car (which still had my belongings in it!) and drove away, leaving me completely stranded. When I ran after the car, the owner of the company attempted to run me over (also in front of my daughter) and said that if I touched the car he would call the police.
He has since attempted to charge my credit card.Meanwhile, I will be sure that his company is removed as a suggestion from all potential rental sites.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bad attitude and bad service
- Customer service
- Ace does not honor reservations
- Owner verbally assaulted me
- Reason of review:
- The owner acted criminally
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Toyota Corolla Rental
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The car being hired was given to us in the dark and wet, when we returned it the person checked it and said the drivers door was damaged, there was..."
- "Enterprise Rent-A-Car office, located 852 W 6Th St, Corona, CA 92882, has accused us of damage to a vehicle we rented. Upon returning the car, the only person in the..."
- "I made a reservation for a rental car last night on advantage.com. I read all the verbiage that was on my reservation screen. Apparently, you have to click..."
- "So over the course of the past 3 years, I have missed three payments. This was only after communicating with the bank by phone and getting their permission. Never once..."
- "I bid on a pair of Oakley Sunglasses. Consider this: The "winner" who used "autobid" shows the following Quibids history: "vipjoe1" has bid $116,225 (at .60 per bid) and..."
- "We purchased a queeen size Serta Mattress set from Mazer in Birmingham Alabama that is defective. I had it picked up and delivered to the house we are buying, but..."
- "Maybe I can type better this time. Valen, purchased in September of 2010, sent to the rainbow bridge, December 08,2016. Dying from liver failure due to his intestines leaking into..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."
- "PRISTINE, Megan Stotts was fully oriented on required painting 7 rooms w/connecting hallways, Stotts agreed to do the entire job for $3500, with a starting date of 12 November,2016. A..."