ACE Rent a Car - Owner of company verbally harassed me and took my rental car in middle of reservation
I arrived at the Atlanta airport at 3:30 pm and had scheduled a 4 pm car pick up.The car I was provided, late, was extremely old and scratched.
When I began driving the car, I realized its steering was faulty to a point that it was unsafe; the car was swerving profusely. When I got to my hotel, I called the Ace rental company and said I needed a new car--this one was legitimately unsafe. They said they did not want to drive out to me in traffic (in spite of the fact that I had plans that night), so they waited until 8 pm, 4 hours later, to bring me a new one, completely ruining my night. The new car had a seat that was far too low and I was unable to see over the steering wheel, in spite of the fact that I'm 5'3".
I called the company back and was told the seat could not be raised and I requested a new one, for safety purposes. My husband called the owner of the company and asked for his last name so he could call the corporate office, to which the owner replied, "It is none of your *** business, I can do whatever I want." The owner of the company and another employee came to my daughter's home with a replacement car--the same one with faulty steering--and verbally abused me in front of my daughter, screaming that they were going to charge me an extra $150 for bringing me a new car. The owner of this joke of a company was so angry that he and his employee took both the replacement car AND the old car (which still had my belongings in it!) and drove away, leaving me completely stranded. When I ran after the car, the owner of the company attempted to run me over (also in front of my daughter) and said that if I touched the car he would call the police.
He has since attempted to charge my credit card.Meanwhile, I will be sure that his company is removed as a suggestion from all potential rental sites.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bad attitude and bad service
- Customer service
- Ace does not honor reservations
- Owner verbally assaulted me
- Reason of review:
- The owner acted criminally
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Toyota Corolla Rental
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The owner of the “said” car claimed I damaged his tire, yet I have a solid witness who was with me when I dropped the car off! Just look at..."
- "The car being hired was given to us in the dark and wet, when we returned it the person checked it and said the drivers door was damaged, there was..."
- "We traveled to Spain in a big group and rented 3 units of 7-seater cars (Volkswagen Touran or similar) with Avis. Full payment has been made 3 weeks before the..."
- "I ordered a "Deluxe" funeral spray, shown. Their website said the Deluxe was what was pictured. I paid $107. I accidentally put "Jr." after my brother's name (my Dad was..."
- "Ordered and paid, nothing shipped, no tracking, but took my money SCAM!!!!!!..."
- "Gregory Jones, Southlake Texas is seeking investors but only take your money! He takes investment and does nothing but file law papers to steal your money! He is a scammer!..."
- "Women Be Warned n Be Aware of WERNER ENTERPRISES!!! I went to Werner in Lithia Springs, GA as a female student driver. I went there initially requesting a female trainer,..."
- "Purchased an engagement ring June 1, 2015. White gold, 7 blue diamonds and rhodium, white diamond halo, and white diamonds on each side of band. Has been sent for..."
- "This has been by far my worst online shopping experience. It took over 3 weeks to receive my order. Customer service is done via emails. There is a phone..."