ACE Rent a Car - Owner of company verbally harassed me and took my rental car in middle of reservation
I arrived at the Atlanta airport at 3:30 pm and had scheduled a 4 pm car pick up.The car I was provided, late, was extremely old and scratched.
When I began driving the car, I realized its steering was faulty to a point that it was unsafe; the car was swerving profusely. When I got to my hotel, I called the Ace rental company and said I needed a new car--this one was legitimately unsafe. They said they did not want to drive out to me in traffic (in spite of the fact that I had plans that night), so they waited until 8 pm, 4 hours later, to bring me a new one, completely ruining my night. The new car had a seat that was far too low and I was unable to see over the steering wheel, in spite of the fact that I'm 5'3".
I called the company back and was told the seat could not be raised and I requested a new one, for safety purposes. My husband called the owner of the company and asked for his last name so he could call the corporate office, to which the owner replied, "It is none of your *** business, I can do whatever I want." The owner of the company and another employee came to my daughter's home with a replacement car--the same one with faulty steering--and verbally abused me in front of my daughter, screaming that they were going to charge me an extra $150 for bringing me a new car. The owner of this joke of a company was so angry that he and his employee took both the replacement car AND the old car (which still had my belongings in it!) and drove away, leaving me completely stranded. When I ran after the car, the owner of the company attempted to run me over (also in front of my daughter) and said that if I touched the car he would call the police.
He has since attempted to charge my credit card.Meanwhile, I will be sure that his company is removed as a suggestion from all potential rental sites.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bad attitude and bad service
- Customer service
- Ace does not honor reservations
- Owner verbally assaulted me
- Reason of review:
- The owner acted criminally
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Toyota Corolla Rental
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "When I returned the car they said that I was responsible for a scuff mark on the tire. They charged me 166 English Pounds or approximately $255.00 to cover this..."
- "On 6/18/2013 I rented a car with Enterprise. I did an initial inspection of the car and was asked by the salesman if I wanted insurance through Enterprise or..."
- "Thirteen Days Ago, on July 18, 2014, around 8:30am, my parked Chrysler 300C was hit by an Enterprise Chevy Captiva rental car. My car was knocked up on the curb..."
- "There is one individual that is spamming all the physician rating sites, posting false negative reviews about Payman Simoni, MD. This is a warning, she is not a real patient...."
- "We purchased a queeen size Serta Mattress set from Mazer in Birmingham Alabama that is defective. I had it picked up and delivered to the house we are buying, but..."
- "When I ordered from this Company, I was warned prior to purchasing the hair. A video on YouTube called HALO INDIAN HAIR SUCKS!!! warned me of this indian hair vendor...."
- "I started with 30 boxes of the Tarkett coco berry flooring. I was to be covering approximately 500 square foot, upon opening I noticed a lot of..."
- "I love I love kickboxing hence the name :) it's like burning massive calories at a party, cause the music is pumping and you just have fun whilst working out...."
- "Had an issue with a defective Leather steering wheel that started to separating. Dealership offered to Glue it back. I specifically requested that they replace a steering wheel because its..."