Bakang T

Inquiry

There was a lady I use to communicate with from your ace company she no longer reachable and there is no one to help me we use to talk at telegram but she no longer online I don't know why

Preferred solution: I would like to own a car

Oz Y

| map-marker Los Angeles, California

Scammed me out of $118 "upgrade fee" while I was stuck at their rathole location

Ace Rent A Car - Scammed me out of $118 upgrade fee while I was stuck at their rathole...

Save yourself the extra 40 or 50 bucks up front and avoid this place like the plague, the employees at the location are bottom of the barrel *** their corporate customer service people are even worse. This place is the epitome of bait-and-switch, their entire business model revolves around under-cutting their competitors rates online, and then when you arrive to actually rent your car, they up-charge you no matter what and if you dont agree to their brand-new terms on the spot, guess what? You dont have a rental car, so youre going to be stuck paying double for an upgrade regardless of what you paid up front through Kayak, Trivago, Priceline etc. when you were booking.

This place is so low-rent you cant even get there directly from LAX like you can with every other car rental company nearby, with this pathetic operation youre forced to make 2 shuttles at 2 different locations just to get to this disgusting office that is 15 feet away from a massive homeless encampment - - when you get there, they make you wait endlessly to talk to a 2-bit scam-trained employee that will hustle you through all of their shady up-charges via an iPad. The iPad rep who scammed me was named Marvin and Im sure he moonlights as a fake IRS/Microsoft/Apple Support gift-card scam caller.

The actual phone number for the location they provide you does not have a live person available whatsoever, their reps are 9-5ers offsite somewhere.

It seems like the ONLY thing(s) the employees of Ace Car Rentals are good at are:

-Scamming/lying to customers

-Responding to negative reviews here and on the BBB website

Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros whatsoever
Cons:
  • Take advantage of people stuck at their location
  • Are 2 shuttles away from airport
  • After 2 shuttles they strong arm you into bogus fees

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: ***AVOID, DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS CROOKED, BAIT-AND-SWITCH, UNETHICAL TRASH COMPANY***

Anita E Wgd

| map-marker Duncan, British Columbia

Well I feel people never seem to write good reviews so I am always bad

Booked ACE through Priceline because it was cheap for our Vegas trip..always book through car rentals directly and pickup at the airport well near airport one shuttle .

Our Canadian dollar is awful so this was a super deal when we couldnt find anything directly with a car rental at the airport I did not see the double shuttle logo but its there .. darn..

anyhow my husband googled ACE because we had never used them .. after I realized it was a double shuttleand was far from airport.. well I think about 5 miles so not that far .. anyhow the reviews scared us and tried to cancel but Priceline said nope it was such a low price and in some cannot cancel category..

we are a bit older so we just said well we have to go with it and pray for the best .. it really was pretty fast and easy to get to the Car rental place and I think Fox was beside it .. really easy to get back to drop off also .

.. so we got to the front desk and that was fast they have a least three people working the check in ..

we were firm that we had our own insurance and brought all our insurance papers with us and put them on the counter.. they never looked at them they asked a few times are you sure because this and take ..we said no Thank you we are fine with our insurancethey said fine read through paperwork and my husband did slowly and checked price that we had paid in full with Priceline .. we new they put a hold amount on your credit card for thinks like smoking in the car and whatever .. we thought 300 but 500 for international hummm kinda got a bit worried but went with it ..

our car was clean and smelled nice inside a midsize like we paid for .. probably a few years old a few tiny dents and scratches but I covered my tracks by videoing the whole car saying date and spots that were dented just minor ones and the few scratches.. we signed the form I think that all those marks were accounted for .. took the copy and off we went practically right onto Las Vegas BLVD very easy ..tank was full of gas checked that before we left ..check in again very easy ..

lady checked the car and gave us a receipt showing all was fine.. but again I videoed it to just have proof oh and had receipt of gas that we filled less than 5 miles from ACE .. so we held onto all those papers .. lady said our 500 deposit on our card would be back on in three business days ..

actually they never put the 500 on there in the first place .. so a week went by after we got home and we checked our card and all was fine because it was never taken out .. its been 2 weeks so I think we are fine but still have all our paperwork..so we had a good experience with ACE ..

To make those people who are worried .. it does add a extra say 1/2 hour on to your rental both ways because of extra shuttle ..

but other than that if you want to save a lot go with them .. or not .. we do like the one shuttle better and have always found great prices but gee since Covid prices are way up ..we are just used to the one shuttle as we have done it for years .. so probably will try it that way again and hopefully prices will have gone down ..

ok that's it ..

just have your paper work and video your car at check in and check out and your gas that its fillled.. Take Care happy driving

A & K from BC Canada

User's recommendation: If you have time and are not in a rush and have all your paper work and do what we did go for it

Douglas M Ifp

| map-marker Kenner, Louisiana

Thieves liars and Cheats

Updated by user Apr 19, 2024

Read any ACE reviews, you will see, they screw over nearly every customer.

Original review Apr 19, 2024
Last minute change of plans required me to return the vehicle at 2:00 AM Saturday to catch a 5:00 AM departure flight. Friday evening, I started calling the two numbers listed for the office as soon as I knew of the change of flight time.

My phone log shows I made 7 attempts from 5:45 PM until nearly midnight but just kept getting a recording saying "...leave a message.", then "This mail box is full..."
This left me with only one option. I drove the car back to the exact location from which I picked it up and called an Uber to take us to the airport. The location is a small building about the size of a one-star garage and has parking for about 12 vehicles. I was surprised and a bit baffled to discover they had no Drop Box for after hour car key returns, so I hid the key behind a sign on the building.

I called them once I landed in Charlette NC and explained the situation. The woman I spoke with was very rude and told me I would have to pay an additional $250 "Abandonment fee". ABANDONMENT FEE???!! Where would they rather I had left it?

Their Rental agreement (Nifty, not Ace, btw) states: Item #4. "...Renter shall return Vehicle to Daily Rental Company..." That's exactly what I did.
I thought the woman I spoke with would realize I had no choice but to return it to the EXACT LOCATION I got it from, once I explained that I had repeatedly tried to contact them but couldnt. I still can't believe they didn't have a Drop Box for after hour returns.
Now I see they only returned $150 of my $400 deposit. This is totally unacceptable.

How can they possibly say I abandoned the vehicle when I returned it to the exact location from which I rented it, cleaner than when I got it and with a full tank of gas? Withholding the $250 is a fraudulent act. The section of the ACE Rent a Car policy regarding after hour returns;
Please note the third sentence under "LOCATION POLICIES / Renter Qualifications": Terms and Conditions - New Orleans Downtown
LOCATION POLICIES Early Returns prior to office hours are subject to a $25 USD Park & Fly fee.

$25 NOT $250 !!!
BLATENT Routine THIEVERY. Read other reviews, DONT GET SCAMMED BY THESE CON ARTESTS.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Seasoned and professional con artists

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: You will regret renting from these crooks. RUN AWAY, STAY AWAY,

Renato Ayarza

| map-marker Lima, Lima

Claim for excess extra costs

I have rented a car between March 11th and 15th since Fourt Lauderdale Airport and I said the sales costumer that I need to leave it in Miami Airport. She only said me that I could get extra costs if I damaged it.

When I left the car in Miami, the technician said me all was ok.

A week later I saw that I have an extra cost of $59.05 and when I called to +195******** and a customer representative said me that when you get the car to another place, it do cost You a tax extra, but the sales costumer did not tell me that in the moment of the arragement!

Well, as Ace could not solve me any problem, I paid all. Now I look my credit card and I am receiving an extra card ammount of $37.77!! It is incredible!!

Why are You getting me an additional Charge? Why do Ace Charge me out of the time to do that?

Eugene B Mrk

| map-marker Indianapolis, Indiana

Scammers. Claimed nonexistent damages a week after car was returned in perfect condition

Ace Rent A Car - Scammers. Claimed nonexistent damages a week after car was returned in...

Please stay away. Rented in Tampa airport.

Returned 5 days later.

Vehicle was checked, no damage noted. I received a receipt and a closed rental agreement showing fully paid rental and no damage deposit withheld.

I week later I received an email with a claim from Rockport Claims for $1500+ and a new receipt with $200 damage deposit charged.

Also included were a fake accident report, car condition slip, estimate and bills, all backdated and falsified.

Stay away, this all a big scam

Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros

User's recommendation: Stay away from Ace

Guest

That seems bogus. If it passed the turn in inspection, end of story.

Anything could have happened to that car as early as 30 seconds after you walked away. You can't be held liable for that. If your story is 100% accurate (we, your support group, have no reason to doubt you) gather all of your documentation (what you hopefully retained after returning the vehicle plus anything they have sent you since). Your passport can provide valuable documentation of your absence.

Are you sure the e-mail is genuine and not a 3rd party scam ? How annoying - all you wanted was to honestly rent a vehicle , use it, pay for the part you used like an honest person, then go home.

Now this. I wish you were my neighbor or pal ; I spent years of my working career shutting down creeps and unethical attempted actions.

cindy r Vcu

| map-marker Franklin Park, Illinois

Dog inside the vehicle

On December 23, 2023, I arranged for an SUV rental through Expedia from ACE Rental Car Company. Upon arrival at the rental facility with my canine companion, I was greeted by an employee who provided an overview of the rental terms and conducted a damage inspection of the vehicle.

At no point during this process was I informed of any restrictions regarding the transportation of pets, nor was this information apparent on the Expedia website.

Regrettably, upon returning the vehicle on December 28, 2023, the inspection agent notified me of a $250 cleaning fee, in addition to a $50 tax, attributed to pet hair found in the back seat. Furthermore, I was informed for the first time that pets were prohibited in the rental cars. I expressed to the agent that this policy had not been communicated to me at the outset, and that I was unaware of any potential fees for vehicle cleanliness or odor related to animals.

Subsequently, I reached out to ACE Rental Car Company's customer service for clarification and was advised to lodge a formal grievance with their corporate office.

I followed through with this advice on December 30, 2023, and was assured a response within two business days. Despite multiple follow-up calls, my issue remains unresolved, and I have been directed repeatedly to the Chicago branch without being provided the necessary contact details for the manager.

The lack of resolution has been deeply disappointing, and to compound the issue, my requests for a detailed invoice outlining all charges associated with the rental have been met with incomplete responses, showing only the aggregate amount due without itemization.

I am seeking a prompt and equitable resolution to this matter, as well as a transparent breakdown of all fees incurred during my rental period.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Non
Cons:
  • Could not get in touch with the manager

Nevaeha Wax
map-marker Toronto, Ontario

Charged me for a car I never rented.

I don't know how they got my credit card number but I was charged in Feb $254.00 for a car I never rented. In fact, I was out of the country.

But It doesn't end there. I callled these crooks who claimed they had no record of the charge. I sent them a screen shot of my credit card statement and they still would not remove the charge. They are scammers and crooks.

Do not rent with these people. I am now taking this matter up with the authorities. Im sure I am not the only person this has happened to.

My credit card company eventually reversed the charge and I canceled my card. There is a special place in *** for these reprehensible thieves.

User's recommendation: stay away from the idiots

map-marker Minneapolis, Minnesota

I spoke with several different people and they’re all set on the phone and gave me bad information on my deposit information.

Dont lie to your customers! Also one of the provided me with a reference number letting you know it was not on hole.

User's recommendation: I would know longer come to ace for any service!

Nevaeha Wax
map-marker Toronto, Ontario

This company is scam

I was charged $254.00 on my credit card for a car I never rented. In fact, I was out of the country when my card was charged.

I called the company and a rude and horrible woman in accounting refused to reverse the charge, claiming they had no record of it. I quickly texted them a screenshot of the charge on my statement. She continued to refuse to reverse the charge. These people are scammer and crooks, beware if you rent a car from them or even inquire about a car with them.

My credit card company reversed the charge and canceled my card. There is a special place in *** for crooks like this.

User's recommendation: Stay away

Guest

Why do you think a car rental company is at fault rather than some random person that got hold of your credit card info? This charge you claim isn’t yours could have been made at any business. You are making it about the company and should be concerned your info was compromised.

Bin Q Nat

| map-marker Mississauga, Ontario

Scam at Ace Rent Car at amToronto Airport

They first asked me to show I have rental car insurance. I realized it is for a different purpose ( provide a car to use when there is an accident). I talked to them and told them my current auto insurance can be transferred to cover the car rental. They then changed the story and asked me to show the evidence my current auto policy can be transferred to cover the rental car. Their purpose is to sell insurance ($18 per day).
Cons:
  • Scam

Preferred solution: I just walked away. In the future, I will never use this company.

User's recommendation: Don’t use this rental comoany

map-marker Bradenton, Florida

Horrible customer service

I had a reservation to pick up at 6 pm. Got there at 6:45 and was told there were no cars Ill have to hold on 10-15 mins.

Sat there 1:30 hrs. Then Shawn the sales rep ask if I want to pay and upgrade to a full size car since its gonna be another 40 mins waiting. Why should I pay to upgrade after a waiting that long it should be a complimentary upgrade for the inconvenience. He was a very rude.

He told Im looking lucky am only paying what am paying per day and not more. They caused me to is my meeting. $500 hold on my credit card, I had to show a utility bill to prove I live in Florida beside my dl saying I do. My rental contract said unlimited miles but he told me I had 150 miles a day.

So could go on with the complaints by am already getting vex again.

The car was dirty had to wait another 10-15 mins to clean and it smelled funky. Will never ever resent from here AGAIN worst experience in all my years of car renting.

User's recommendation: Do not rent here. Stay far.

Lora P Bfy

| map-marker Kokomo, Indiana

Scammers and liars

Ace Rent A Car - Scammers and liars
Ace Rent A Car - Scammers and liars - Image 2
Ace Rent A Car - Scammers and liars - Image 3
Ace Rent A Car - Scammers and liars - Image 4

I booked with ace rental car July 3-6, 2023, as dealers choice for $65.36. When I went to pick it up, Jonathan, asked how many people I was traveling with.

I said 2. he then said the dealers choice was a pickup truck. I said thats fine! He said no, because it only has two seats and no luggage space.

He said I couldn't have a car unless I paid a $20 upgrade fee per day. Later, I saw Jonathan lied about the $20/day and actually charged me $25/day. Jonathan also demanded I show him my round trip airline tickets or incur a fee of $1,000. When I returned the vehicle, Daniel checked it in.

This time, I recorded everything on video. Daniel said he had photos that the gas was more full when I took it and that I underfilled the gas. I told him that was incorrect, I actually overfilled the gas and had photos to prove it. Then he gaslighted me and said thats what he meant, that I had overfilled it.

I told Daniel about how when Jonathan checked me in, he said the car they picked for me was a two seater pickup. I pointed out the Dodge Ram on the lot which had four doors (at least four seats) and asked what other trucks they had. He said they also have a Nissan Titian. I asked if you have any smaller trucks and he said no.

He said he was sorry that Jonathan lied to me to force me to upgrade. I asked him for a refund for them lying and forcing me to upgrade and then charging more than they said and he said he couldnt give me a refund.

He had the audacity to ask me to leave a good review. I expect to be refunded the bogus upgrade fees over my original balance of $65.36

Loss:
Pros:
  • Car was new and clean
Cons:
  • Double your fees
  • Lie about your gas tank level on return
  • Scammers

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE

James S Ifs

I was amazed

This company really became my favorite rental company. They are amazing. I was ready for a bad review and they really came out with a great price, good customer service and very reliable.
Pros:
  • Low cost
  • Reliable

Preferred solution: Nothing

User's recommendation: Rent from here.

Bambi P Ljp

| map-marker Brooklyn, New York

Need copy of booking

I have booking # RFS1497**** from LAX airport between 2/22-27. I need a copy of my booking with you and all the directions to find my car. I believe I pre-paid for this booking. Right? It should be a mid size car. Bambi Polk
Philip J Kau

| map-marker Albuquerque, New Mexico

No rental documents provided. Nonresponsive to inquiries during rental period. Major defect in vehicle.

Ace Rent A Car - No rental documents provided. Nonresponsive to inquiries during rental...

Arrived and left late in the evening, so the fact that the off-airport location was open for both ends of the rental was a plus.

All aspects were up to standards except that there was no inspection prior to driving away. The contract sent by email was corrupt, so I had no proof that I possessed the vehicle legally.

Sent a reply stating that fact, but there was no reply.

I was extremely apprehensive driving across New Mexico with no document proving I had rented the car! The tepid, mechanical response from Ace (below quoted) made me feel ignored and disrespected.

There was no walk-around inspection, and I picked up the car late at night. The next morning revealed a small chip in the passenger-side windshield, so I reported it via email (sent a picture). Again, no reply, and no mention when I returned the car.

I'm not an expert in these matters, but I'm pretty sure, in many jurisdictions, one can get ticketed for having a broken windshield.

Another reason to drive fearfully through New Mexico!

Response from Ace:

"Philip, Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent car rental. While I do understand the frustrations with all that occurred please know the location has been informed of your rental experience.

An incident has been opened on your behalf. I do hope you will allow ACE to assist you with your future rentals."

Pros:
  • Car was clean and gas tank was full
  • Counter was open late at night for both pickup and dropoff
Cons:
  • Defect in car windshield
  • Digital contract corrupted
  • Nonresponsive to inquiries during rental period

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Do not use Ace Rental; choose another concern.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article